Wednesday, March 30, 2005

v2.1 - 1-800-BLIZZARD

Good morning folks,

{slurp}

Hope you all had a lovely evening and a glorious day yesterday. I know I did ;)

{slurp}



Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Calgary. The sun was shining the temperature was fairly high and all the snow melted away (well, most of it). I went home mid afternoon yesterday and sat back and didn''t do a damn thing. Well, I can''t say I was completely idle as I did sit there and think. I thought a lot about my life, my family, my job and my friends (in no particular order). I thought about how I can mend past relationships with some friends, how I could keep my daughter from dumping over her potty, how I could get my son to listen a more and all sorts of things that have been bothering me for some time. You see, I have a bit of my father in me when it comes to keeping things bottled up. My father was the MASTER of keeping things bottled up. He would sit there and appear to be as content as a pig in mud and then all of a sudden he would release his fury and wrath. Today, people would say he needed Anger Management; I think he just didn''t want to have to deal with the situation and wanted to see if we (kids) would work things out for our selves. My parents sheltered me quite a bit while growing up. I guess a child could be really thankful or really upset about that. I can''t remember how many times I was never allowed outside to play with my friends after a certain hour (usually after supper). I thought it was so unfair and as a result was quite a rebelious teen.

{slurp}

Of course now when I look back I thank my parents for everything they did. They indeed knew what was best even though I couldn''t see how at the time. You see parents are this strange breed of person. They aren''t kids, but they aren''t the cool grandparents (yet). They are.. well... parents. Yes they can be hard assed and quite strict at times, but that is what makes them parents.

{slurp}

Only now do you understand the true power of the Darkside

{shudders}

Anyway, I made it home last night and walked into our little townhouse. It was clean and I was glad. I had spent a few hours Monday night giving the place a quick overhaul and I was happy to see to the place was still in order and even cleaner. I''ve been trying to teach my kids the importance of keeping the place neat and tidy. Unfortunatly, toys laying all over the floor is considered clean :)

{slurp}

I love it when they step on a toy or trip over something they left laying around. I can turn to them and say "SEE! This is why we keep the house clean!" :) Driving my points home is so much fun. I love being a parent sometimes.

{slurp}

So after coming home, one of the first things Katie says to me is "Servers are still down". LOL.. I love my wife and I love the up-to-the minute server status she gives me :) A true gamer at heart.

{slurp}

I think the severs came online an hour or so later and I logged in to go get myself a new pet. I was doing a little bit of research on the different types of pets and came across this one pet I REALLY wanted to get. He is a white cat (panther) named King Bangalash and he is a level 43 Elite mob. He is found near the center of the zone Stranglethorn Vale. He is in the middle of a bunch of level 38ish cat mobs both visible and invisible (I hate stealthing cats). I make my way there and find him exactly where I expected him to be. I then say goodbye to my pet since level 37 and I procede to lay down traps to capture my new pet :)

{slurp}

It was dark. The moon was high in the star lit sky. Ralic kneeled down in the bushes over looking a small clearing; waiting. As if by magic, a majestic beast of unknown origion steps out into the clearing. Fables call this best King Bangalash, but the hunter''s eyes spelled Death. Eyeing the trap laid on the ground in front of him, Ralic knocks a special arrow into his bow and pulls back slowly on the string. Taking his time to get this shot right as this beast would surely charge him on site.

{fling}

Ralic let the arrow fly. It soared through the air as if held up by magic. The tip contained nothing more than a mixture of herbs that would cause the beast to be disoriented. The arrows finds its mark and catches the beast just below the neck. Bangalash jumps and turns, his yellow eyes staring directly at Ralic. The moon danced off his fur like flame off a dry piece of wood. The beast crouched down in the grass and appeared to be analyzing the situation. Seconds felt like hours as the beast lay in wait. It was time. Ralic stood from the bush that had concealed his shot and began whispering to the beast in an unknown language "Hava ta sela Ethala, Hava ta sela Ethala". The beat charged! With every last bit of strength the beast ran toward ralic who still stood chanting with his eyes closed. Just as the beast was about to pounce he was captured. Frozen in a prison of ice, the beast stood. Ralic could feel the beasts anger and contintued to whisper "Hava ta sela Ethala, Hava ta sela Ethala". The beast''s roar quited as Ralic dropped to his knees. Never opening his eyes and never stopping his chant; as the ice rapidly melted around the beast. After several minutes of this, Ralic finally opened his eyes and extended his hand to the beast. Uncertain of what it should do, the beast stared at the hand and tilted it''s head. Ralic turned his hand over and opened it. Inside was a small piece of meat. The beast took the meat from Ralic''s hand began to eat it. Without making any sudden moves, Ralic pulled more meat from his pouch and fed more to the great beast, the great beast he would...

Server: The servers will be going offline in 15 Minutes

DAMMIT!1!!!one!!1

{slurp}

Yeah, so I got my pet and he his a blast :) The nice thing about this pet is he doesn''t lose his speed after taming. Let me just say, this pet could run down any mounted player without batting an eye lash. Just to test the theory, I got on my mount and made sure the pet and I were side by side. I picked a mob in the distance and clicked attack while moving forward at the same time. Low and behold, slowly but surely the pet mananged to reach the mob a good 2 seconds before I got there with my mount. Amazing :)

{slurp}

Anyway, the servers were offline most of the evening after that. My first thought was OH NO, what if they revert the servers back and I lose my pet? I breathed a huge sigh of relief later on when I noticed I still had my pet and was still logged out in the exact same place I was in before the servers went offline.

{slurp}

While the servers were offline Katie and I watched ''Finding Neverland'' which, in my opinion, was a good movie. Of course Johnny Depp starting in a movie is never bad for my wife and Kate Winslet was also in it.

{slurp}

Other than that, the night was pretty much standard. This morning, I had a really hard time getting out of bed and coming to work :) I seem to get that way more and more these days.

Oh well :)

{slurp}

Well, work is fairly busy already this morning and it isn''t even 7am yet. I''m going to sign off for today and bid you all a good day.

Cheers ;)

{slurp}

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment