Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Are We There Yet?

The human brain is a wonderful thing. It starts working the moment you are born, and never stops until you stand up to speak in public.
- Sir George Jessel
I was watching the Simpsons the other night. Man, that's a funny show .. heh... In this particular episode, the Simpson Family was taking a trip. In the car, Bart and Lisa were repeating over and over "Are We There Yet?", and homer would reply with "No!". This goes on for about 2minutes, as the background from different locations pass by. It's quite funny, especially when you can relate to what's going on.

I don't recall ever doing this as a child, but I'm sure my parents can :)

The Simpsons is a great show, and we can all relate to them in one way or another. I remember when they first came out on T.V. My mother threatened me from the very start... "If you tell me to eat my shorts, you won't be allowed to ever watch that show again!!" :) Ahh the memories.

Well, being the cocky "Bart like" kid I was, I fell into the temptation, and told my mom not to have a cow... she did... heh. It's funny how much T.V. affects our daily lives. People see something on T.V. and want to try/say it. Whether it be a catchy phrase like "Go ahead, make my day!".. or something cool like Neo dodging bullets in super slow motion.

So I hear Matrix 2 came out in theaters. I haven't been keep up on the whole movie hype these days. I've heard mix responses to the movie. Mostly from the Ungeek. Ooo.. did I invent a new word there? Let me check........

...............

After searching for 15 seconds, I've yet to come up with any real definition for Ungeek. Perhaps, I should allow the studio audience to come up with what they think it means. Send me an email at alan@fiendz.net with the subject line "Ungeek", and tell me what you think it should mean. I'll post the results on Friday.

Anyway, must get to work... even though I've been here for 2 hours now.. /sigh.. just can't get motivated today.

No comments:

Post a Comment